Monday, February 17, 2014

New beginnings

I don't think my experience here at the Sustainable Homestead Institute could have gone smoother. Not to say it wasn't intense and incredibly worthwhile, rather; in the span of ten weeks I've learned more than I ever thought possible, and for the first time in my life I didn't have to try to do it.

As for activities for today, we mainly relaxed, I organized, packed, and loaded my various possessions into my car, and Scott gave me an intro to DJ-ing, which will be very helpful in my future endeavors in music. I also fed the animals one last time and said goodbye to them, as well as Ashmonster.



Of course, it won't be long until I'm back in town during a more pleasant time of the year when the days are long and the weather is kind. I am extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to come here and learn all that I did. If you're looking for any sort of outside the box survival, construction, mechanical, electrical, business, spiritual, martial, permaculture, sustainability, botanical, ornithological or general knowledge, then spend some time with Scott Vernon, and I guarantee you'll find value in what he has to say.

More importantly, he'll give you the tools, confidence, and know-how to accomplish something, and be right there next to you doing it. Many men talk, few walk, but this man does both rather well, and consistently.

While my stay wasn't perfect, I didn't expect it to be. Now I have more of an incentive to return and learn the few subjects I wasn't able and more. My life is valuable because of experiences had, and I have absolutely zero misgivings about choosing to come stay here for an extended period of time. The environment was completely welcoming and relaxing, with the right amount of intensity to maximize the window of time given.

Well readers, this will be my final blog post for a long time, but I shall see y'all later. My name is Youssef Amghar and I can be found on facebook and my music can be found on youtube and soundcloud under the moniker Intrinsic. I hope my time here has enriched your life in some way, farewell.

Peace and love, peace and love!
Youssef

No comments:

Post a Comment