Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring is here

Spring is here.  There are many plants started in the greenhouse.  Today the neighbor and I spend several hours fixing the goat fence for what will hopefully be the last time in a while.  Ash is in there, and there is another line of electric wire at the bottom.  She has been in there several hours so hopefully everything is good.

For dinner tonight I went to my favorite Chinese food place in town.  Upon getting out of the car, a man approached me bleeding profusely from his hand.  He asked me if I had anything to wipe that off with.  Immediately I turned back to the car and grabbed my medical pouch which is always relatively near by and put on gloves.  He was not expecting that level of medical attention and was kinda stunned.  I asked him what had happened as I started to wipe the blood from between his thumb and palm.  He asked me if I was a cop.  I said no.  He asked me if I was sure I was not a cop.  I told him I carried a gun, but I definitely wasn't a cop.  Turns out he was looking through the dumpsters for something to eat and had cut it on some glass.  I then covered his hand in Betadine solution, wiped off the excess, and did it again.  We parted ways after some more wrap.  Just highlights the importance of being prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment