Sunday, March 2, 2014

Waiting

Just when I though spring might be about so show itself, the weather man calls for some more snow hitting the north east.  Today was beautiful, and I made use of it doing some things around the farm.  I pulled out a bunch of wiring from the Toyota farm truck that was left from when it had lights and former life as a rescue squad truck.

I picked some hay up that will last me through until next year, and spent the rest of the day cleaning up around the farm.

I am interested to how the storm effects the line I painted yesterday.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, a long awaited renovation to the house will start.  The original windows have finger sized holes around where the window should seal to the frame.  A local window company will oversee the installation of the West Windows that are also locally made.

Replacement windows in this case are vinyl, dual pained glass, with low e gas inserted between the sheets of glass.  There are a lot of options when purchasing windows, but the overall effects is the same.  Increased insulation to the living space.  I am excited to see the change in power bill/wood pile over the next year and hopeful that new windows will help in the fight against stinkbugs.  I am sure there will be several other places I'll find that will need to be sealed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment