Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Frap it up

We started working on the shelter today by harvesting some of the smallest trees from the pine patch on our way to the site; they will be limbed and placed on the top of the final seventh circular support ring that was lashed in place today marking the last of the wrap and frapping.  The structure has taken on the look of a jungle gym and is really gorgeous.  The intermittent snow and rain slowly increased from a beautiful day until we stopped working mid afternoon.  As of 9 this evening, there is a light dusting on the ground, but it doesn't look like anything is falling from the sky.  I have seen pictures from up the mountain a little ways showing 5 inches before it went dark.  The forecast is clear for the next week so I am hopeful that we can put in some hours into finishing the structure.  

I am also thinking about how I can make another bell syphon covering for the aguaponics grow bed.  For what ever reason when the syphon drains the grow bed there is still enough water so that it never breaks suction and perpetually drains.  I think if I make another one with less flow through the opening and lower to the bottom I will be in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment