Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Day of Rest

Today my parents stopped in for lunch.  I am going to meet them later in Danville for dinner with my aunt and grandmother.  They were excited to see the guineas and for the quick tour.  My mom said she needed a nap after driving all morning so they went to my grandmother's to relax before I meet them later.

In the mean time I had the opportunity to put together the log splitter.  I opted for an electric splitter over a gasoline splitter after lusting after one for a while now.  I did not want to maintain another motor.  Two years + ago I bought a Honda EU2000 generator at the recommendation of my friend Sky who had used one on a sailboat extensively.  It is extremely quiet.  Paired with the log splitter, it is the same as having a self contained gas motor but I still can split wood inside if need be, which would be poor planning.

New partially in box

Wheels are too big for the axel, easily fixable but still.

All together now,

We don't need no pallets,
let those big boxes burn.


I put some cardboard on the still smoking log.  By the time I got back with the rest of the pallets the fire was raging again.

The start of the egg wash.

Making something to take to the relatives.



No comments:

Post a Comment