Monday, September 23, 2013

Its a TRAP!

Last night I was sitting on the sofa covered up in a blanket half asleep when I heard the lid of the stainless steel garbage can rattling outside.  I had seen it on the ground several mornings ago and assumed it was Ash Monster.

I moved towards the window.  There was a really nice sized raccoon there.  I put my gun away; just because it wasn't fair.  I'm reaching for my camera.  No memory.  I see a card on the table.  Before a picture was able,  I said, "how could this be? A very mean raccoon has been steeling dog food from me!"  From inside my trashcan, I though security was legit, but to my amazement that bandit had grabbed and had split.  I blinked and the raccoon was so far gone, I guess that I stared at his pirate prowess for too long.  (This paragraph would be better if you sang it like R Kelly trapped in the closet.)

I set up a live trap on the porch with peanut butter rolled in dog food.  It is the smallest model haveaheart trap, and this was a rather large raccoon so I don't think that it will be successful.  I caught a possum with it one time.  I am hopeful.  Next time I am out I will get a larger trap.  I wonder if this is what got several of the guineas.  Some returned to the coop so I am unsure of how many are still out there.  I saw a torn apart one in the high grass yesterday so there is at least one that didn't make it.

It is a little farther back than it should be.

Bandit's eye view

The trashcan to the lower left hand corner and a cleverly disguised trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment