Saturday, September 28, 2013

Do satanists pay more for goats?

I met Freddie coming down the dirt road this morning on my way out.  We loaded up his trash and headed towards the dump.  After the dump, we went in search of 2in x 2in galvanized metal, possibly aluminum, square stock to mount another exhaust fan in the greenhouse.

First we checked out Lowe's, there was nothing there.  I approached the Lowe's attendant who was talking to his friend.  I see this man twice days a week usually.  With a smile he said, "Hey guy.  What you bothering me for?  I was talking having a good time carrying on."  I apologized and said I needed some band saw blades.  He pointed me to the rack.  Pointing to the one in my hand he noted that I just needed some way to measure it and that the tape measures were over my shoulder.

The attendant walked off.  He knew what was about to occur.

If you know Lowe's like I know Lowe's you know that toolworld is home to shears of all kinds.  As if the gods knew my intentions, one shear was rubber banded back to its original packaging.  Without compromising the integrity of the repackaging I bent the shears outward and cut the bandsaw blade using my leg as a brace for extra force.

59.5 inches was the measurement and seconds later we had selected the right blades and were out the door.

After stopping by the flea market and Dixie Pig's BBQ, Freddie and I were ready to go, and our focus resumed on the greenhouse where we left off yesterday.  When my sister and I first covered the greenhouse with the shade cloth, we secured it to the ground with a great many Wal-mart yellow tent stakes.  I guess it held alright.  Today we removed these stakes and put ten shed tie down pegs into the ground, four on each side and two in the back.  Freddie made a tool out of an old fence hanger, but it still wasn't easy going screwing them into the ground.  I elected for a large wrench.  We affixed four cables to hold it down.  I need to get larger chain link attachments tomorrow to finish the job, but the four corners are secure with cable to the ground.

Freddie a while ago mentioned that there was a cross in the woods with a alter in front of it.  We were discussing a location for small shooting lane.  We decided to go check out a few options and in doing so we walked up on it.  It is relatively large and there is a nice wood bench that somebody made big enough for one to sit on.  It is on a ridge looking across a valley to another ridge that is slightly larger.  Large oak trees block most of the sun.  It is a very cool and shady spot.

Freddie voted to keep it there.  I'm indifferent.  So I guess it stays.  It is pretty cool after all.  I should make a star of David somewhere on the ground for the Jewish contingent of people.  Then the satanists would start showing up.  They probably would pay a lot for goats though.

No comments:

Post a Comment