Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Poop slurry troubleshoot and then some

I got back home before 10:30 from the hardware store and Woody's grocery because Tammy called me shortly after 11:00, and I was already eating a steak for breakfast after doing a few other things.  Tammy is the wonderful lady that cleans up my messes once a week while providing regular chit chat and general therapy.  Jodi says that Tammy and I are going to get married because my spirits are visibly lifted after she comes and I frequently count down the days until she comes again.

Tammy isn't coming this week.  I don't know if she wants this up on the internet, but anyway she had a cyst on her leg that had to be removed.  I have told her many times she needed to be taking a video of the surgery, but she laughed it off like I was joking.

This morning into the early afternoon I spent cleaning out the greenhouse from last season's mess.  I need a larger container for dirt and a planting station, but I haven't completely got that figured out.  Right now I am using a 20 gallon bucket for watering cattle to hold the dirt.  That is placed on top of a dolly and it rolls around the greenhouse relatively easily.  A taller brute trashcan may be the best bet.  I still want to take the tables out, wash everything, get the butterflies out of the fans, better organize everything, and install another exhaust fan to keep the temperatures down.  If I can find some more IBC totes in the mean time I will have a small aguaponics system growing tomatoes, lettuce, and broccoli for personal consumption year round.  It would be a good time to put it in there with all the tables out.  I need to move the small refrigerator to the greenhouse to keep salad dressing in.

The chicken coop has taken a long time to build and has gotten increasingly better in phases.  Today a lot of the final phase was completed.  I hog ringed where the fences overlap to ensure that things can't get through.  This evening Freddie and I rehung the automated waterers away from the wall as well as cutting a patching with hardware cloth a hole in the floor for the water to drip through.  In between cleanings, the floor around the waterers gets wet and everything slowly becomes saturated in a poopie slurry regardless of how much bedding is applied.  The final step is filling in with dirt any patches that look uneven for added security around the base of the fencing.

I am incredibly tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment