Sunday, September 22, 2013

I hate them, and they stink.

Today was the first day the stink bugs really wanted into the house.  In the evenings they have wanted to come in, but not during the days.

My friend suggested last year the best solution to the stink bug problem.  Cut the top off a bottle, flip it upside down, put it in the bottom, and tape the lip together  - you now have a crab trap stink bug funnel they will fall into with ease.  Poor alcohol into the bottom of your trap.  The alcohol and the trap together keep the stink off your hands.




I tried a plastic back lit sticky trap last season.  It worked initially, but the alcohol trap is by far the best thing on the market.  Ten points because it is almost free.

I was discussing the return of the shield bugs earlier today.  After carrying on for a minute and calling all the stink bugs to my house, I accidentally declared holy war on the shield bugs.  So that is happening now....

No comments:

Post a Comment