Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Stacking wood and egg count update

I misplaced my camera so I won't have pictures until I find it.

Before lunch I knocked out another 4 nesting boxes for the chicken coop.  The collection of eggs has grown to 34 as of this evening.  66 more and I will fire up the incubator and see about having some babies running around in less than a month.  peep peep

For the past two days myself and a friend have finished processing the downed tree pictured in an earlier post.  We chunked up at least a dump truck load's worth of oak.  Some of the pieces were huge.  Tomorrow we will clean up some old stacks of wood and process it down into burnable pieces.  

I started stacking the Holtz again this time with a smaller diameter.  It is coming along but I definitely became dizzy several times.  What is it called when ballerinas turn their head to look at a point on the wall?  I should have done that.

We pushed the remains of the tree off the hill and precariously parked three wheels on the ledge.  Josh chained the back of the tractor to the Toyota truck's frame and pulled it off the ledge as I hit it in reverse.  The tractor came out nicely with a little assistance.

The patch that was covered in straw after seeding has started to show signs of clover, it might have been radish, but I don't think I put that many in the bucket and they are everywhere.

I got to pay my property tax.  It is like twice as much as last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment