Saturday, November 16, 2013

Drizzle

Fog and drizzle was the theme of today.  I fed the cow this morning and walked around after stoking the fire.  The weather did not call for a fire, but once I opened back up the damper this morning the fire came back to life, and I just kept feeding it.

I roughed out the rocket stove in the kitchen.  I will leave it for a while to see if it is actually something that I want to do before bringing a ton's worth of mud inside.  My current feeling is I like it very much.

After feeding the cow, the turkeys were going crazy in the back field.  I went inside and grabbed my camera and my laptop.  I pulled up turkey calls on the internet and played them while watching the turkeys.  At first they were taken aback.  Then they trotted off over the ridge.

I may end up building a form for a concrete rocket stove in the greenhouse.  Everything needs to be perfect because I won't be able to move it ever.  More planning and thinking needs to be done.  A thermal mass grow bench would be nice for starting peppers and tomatoes like a heat pad but natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment