Tuesday, November 26, 2013

New to the homestead

Hey everybody, first blog post after three full days on the farm. I'll be spending the next twelve weeks here and plenty of time writing here. I've already learned and accomplished so much in that short time. Other than basic knowledge of how to keep the farm going, we're building a rocket stove heater from scratch for his greenhouse. It's going to replace the current system of a propane tank heating the greenhouse, saving hundreds per month. We'll have an update on that throughout the next couple days, and videos are on youtube for you to see the build in progress.

Without a doubt homesteading and sustainability are invaluable skills, but I can only speak for myself. I am a former U.S. Marine and while I learned lifelong lessons and skills from them, it is nothing compared to the tips, tricks, patterns, and life-and-death know-how is still to know. Survival is of utmost importance, and I am grateful to be here learning all that I can. Goodnight sustainable homestead blog, I'll be back soon.

- Youssef

No comments:

Post a Comment