Wednesday, November 20, 2013

no significant title

I spent a lot of the day waiting on the propane man and gathering supplies so that I don't have to see him again.  I am significantly closer to building the rocket mass heater for the greenhouse and completing the aguaponics project.

Moving some tanks around today resulted in me breaking the bulkhead fitting.  The flange snapped, but did not flake a piece.  It was deep however it did not pass the washer that holds tight against the bottom of the grow bed.  I debated wether or not to replace it.  I grabbed the pipe wrench and was going to, but right as I was about to take it off the propane man came.  I took it as a sign.  Later after gluing the pipe back in place, I covered the fitting with the pvc cement.  It seems to be holding together nicely.  I plan to use a pipe strap and some electrical tape to make sure it is sturdy.

I gave the propane man a brief tour of the greenhouse and what was going on in there.  He was very interested.  Last time he was out here, he invited me with his family to a music festival up the road.  It is cool to get the opinion of people as they see the project progressing.  He was very complimentary.

A neighborhood dump run was made this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment