Friday, November 22, 2013

Trying to get things right

After spending a long time unclogging the greenhouse drain, the blockage was removed and I could get back to work on the aguaponics system.  I thought I had this siphon dialed in however it isn't exactly right.

Freddie and Phillip and myself hung out for most of the evening watching the water fill and drain into the sump tanks.  We tried some different variations, none worked as efficiently as I wanted it to.

I'm not frustrated although I would have liked to had the system cycling by now.  It is all a process.  The same can be said for any project that I have done on the farm, but next time I work on a similar project I will be able to do it faster, cheaper, and more efficiently.

Since nothing has hatched in well over the allotted time, I am calling a stop to the incubation project.  I hope to have the incubator cleaned out an moved into the barn tomorrow.

Other things happened today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment