Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Final Straw

I spread 30+ square bales today with a little extra help finishing the job towards the end of the day.  My head hurts, probably from not drinking enough, and I am tired.  I have a few more bales to spread, but it got too dark to see, and the truck headlights only help so much.  The majority that got done should help thwart erosion come tomorrows chance of showers and hold moisture against the seed for better germination.

The guineas have begun roosting outside of the coop.  Several nights ago the first one got into a tree.  Today all of them were out roosting on the top rail of the chicken lot.  On the agenda for soon is adding a half door that I can let the chickens free range under the nearby apple trees.  I'm going to bed now.


The following depict how the area looks currently.
Still a little more to go.






No comments:

Post a Comment