Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Can you hear it?

 With the game plan for today clear in my mind,  I started getting the seed ready for planting.  Legumes like to be inoculated, and the process enhances the nitrogen fixing of the pea.  Some seeds come inoculated already.  It isn't hard to do.  Pour your peas into a bin.  Wet them with less than a cup of water per 50 pounds of seed, mix in the inoculant package, let it dry, and spread.  Josh popped up sometime this morning saying he was board.  So we made quick work of the mixing and quickly covered 350 pounds of seed with inoculant.
Follow the directions

Austrian Winter Peas


Big red ready to sling some seed.


I still think my tractor is sexy.
Pushing down the sliver lever to open the seed door.

 Notice the chain harrow kicking up dust and breaking up the grooves left by the tractor.

How it looked at the end of today.  Waiting on tomorrow's rain.  I can hear the wheat and peas growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment