Thursday, October 31, 2013

Holding Water

Like a wrapping elf at Macy's come Christmas, today I wrapped the grow bed first in felt and then in plastic pond liner.  It was my intention to glue it, but I just don't really know how I would have accomplished that due to the size.  Never the less I am very pleased with how it came out, but as always it could look a little better.

When I bought the tote, I asked the man how he washed them out.  He replied that I didn't need to wash them out because someone already did well.  I just looked between him and the scum  built up on the bottom of the tank.  I guess I still don't know what to say.  Canola clear fry was slightly overwhelming, but after a dose of Dr. Bronner's Soap it smelled like peppermint and the fry was less present.  Tomorrow I will do the same several more times.  If I had a pressure washer it would be expedited.

I covered the table in felt and stapled around the corners.  It served as a needed practice before putting in the pond liner.  

I was expecting something flimsy however the 14mil liner is stout and heavy.

It quickly unfolded.

The greenhouse could be a spaceship.

After dinner, I created a 70 gallon sump tank.  Another tank will need to be added maybe two.

No comments:

Post a Comment