Saturday, October 5, 2013

Crossing things off the list

Almost a year after the completion of the initial structure, I feel like the greenhouse can finally be crossed off the list.  I have said this before, I am hoping this will be the last time.  Over the past week, Freddie and I have removed all the tables, swept up all the dirt, hosed down the floors, swept again, installed metal anchors and attached cables to secure the shade cloth.  Today's job was building a frame for the fan, cutting a whole in the plastic for the louvre assembly to fit, and further stabilizing the fan with a brace.

The one we put in

The one the professionals put in.  I call them professionals because they had scaffolding.


The first exhaust fan is pretty high up near to the top of the arch.  This one is mounted about chest height.  During the initial testing the addition of the extra fan dropped the temperature 10+ degrees.

It is really incredible how much energy being in the greenhouse takes out of you.  We spent three hours in and out starting a little after 1.  Freddie and I were both sweating and wanting a drink by the time we were done.  I know we saw 110 on the thermometer.

But the greenhouse is ready to go, cross it off the list, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment